Friday, April 18, 2008

Susan G. Komen reminds me: I really need to get to the gyno

It's true. I need to schedule a gyno appointment. There's really no excuse considering a breast exam could save my life. A year ago I would have said screw it... I can wait a few months to have a cold metal object shoved up my vajayjay along with enough lube to make a small country slippery. But now? The gyno is not an annoyance... it's a priority and a new ally. I might even take this opportunity to shop around for a gyno that I really like! But then again... who knows what health insurance i'll have in a few months.

But on to the real reason for this post... Susan G. Komen for the cure is a great, extremely active non-profit that has a website with a lot of great resources, such as the one I posted. They also host a bunch of benefits and fundraisers, such as the Breast Cancer 3-day, which is coming to Philly in October and I'd like to round up my family to participate. I've never done a walk or anything before... and now is as good a time as any to start!

If anyone reading has participated in a similar event, I'd love to hear what it was like. Ciao!

No comments: